Lemon pepper spinach chicken pesto made with almonds and served on top of brown rice pasta is recipe I created for a good friend who was hungry and had spinach to use up.
- 2 Organic chick breasts
- large quantity of spinach, if pre-washed, used the entire bag
- 1 onion
- coconut oil
- two handfulls of fresh basil
- four cloves of fresh garlic
- one hand full of raw almonds w/skins
- olive oil
- salt, I like himalayan pink salt
- red pepper flakes
- cayenne pepper
- brown rice pasta, any shape
- black pepper
- one lemon
- Boil water to cook rice pasta
- While the pasta is cooking, chop oil and cook up in a 1 tbs of coconut oil
- Wash and cut up chicken into smaller one and a half inch chunks and cook on top of onions for 3 minutes
- Turn over the chicken pieces and add the washed spinach on top and cover so the spinach wilts and the chicken keeps cooking
- In a blender add the basil, juice of one lemon, hand full of almonds, 2 tbs of oilve oil, four cloves of garlic and blend into a paste. Add water if needed to get all the ingredients to blend
- When the spinach is wilted down and the chicken cook, add the pesto to the pan.
- Now, taste and start playing with spices. Add salt and pepper first. Then if you enjoy a little spice, add in red pepper flakes and a few dashes of cayenne pepper.
- Watch your pasta to make sure you don’t over cook. When the noodles are cooked to the consistency you enjoy, dump noodles in colander, rise with warm water, and drain setting aside.
- A note about cayenne pepper. I usually get a little too generous. It takes a few moments for this spice to really kick in, so add it Slowly, wait for this spice to embrace the food, then after a few moments, add more if you enjoy!
- To plate, put rice pasta on the bottom of the bowl and scope lemon pepper spinach chicken mix on top and Enjoy!
A glass of sparkling water with lemon is nice, or cup lemon tea!