I love making fresh almond cheese. I experimented with soaking raw slivered almonds I got from Trader Joe’s with 3 tbs of sundried tomatoes and garlic and wow, the taste got better the second day. I loved it so much, it was gone by the third day, as we also made gluten free pizza!
- 1 bag raw almond slivers soaked over night with
- 3 tbs of sundried tomatoes
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- olive oil
- 1 organic lemon
- salt to taste
- To make the almond “cheese” drain the water and add the soaked almonds and sundried tomatoes to your vita mix blender.
- Add in 3 fresh garlic cloves, 1 tbs of olive oil, and the juice of one lemon.
- Blend until you have a paste. Scrap the mixture out into a container for storing and add salt to taste. The garlic will infuse the almond “cheese” paste and the mixture becomes more flavorful within a few hours.
Enjoy on gluten-free crackers or make gluten-free pizza!