I love mixing various delicious things into gluten free pancake mix. I have a large amount of fresh basil growing in my tower gardens right now, so I made this yummy version of almond cheese on basil and garlic mini pancake with heirloom tomatoes and fresh ground pepper.
- 1 bag raw almond slivers soaked over night with
- 3 tbs of sundried tomatoes
- hand full of basil
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic
- olive oil
- 1 organic lemon
- salt to taste
- gluten-free pancake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- almond milk
- 2 heirloom tomatoes
- ground pepper to taste
- To make the almond “cheese” drain the water and add the soaked almonds and sundried tomatoes to your vita mix blender.
- Add in 3 fresh garlic cloves, 1 tbs of olive oil, and the juice of one lemon.
- Blend until you have a paste. Scrap the mixture out into a container for storing and add salt to taste. The garlic will infuse the almond “cheese” paste and the mixture becomes more flavorful within a few hours.
- Mix 1 cup of gluten-free pancake mix in a boil with 2 eggs and 1 tbs of coconut oil, and enough almond mix to make the mixture into a pancake batter.
- Chop up the basil and add to the mix.
- Chop up the remaining garlic clove and add as well.
- Fry small mini pancakes in coconut oil.
- Cut tomatoes into slices.
- Place a small amount of the almond cheese on the mini pancake and top with tomato and ground pepper to taste.
Enjoy with a glass of water with lemon!